Monday, April 4, 2011

windows down.

I spend a significant amount of time driving.
A lot of days I think it may be my saving grace,
this time away and alone,
to think and do as I please.
And it's not as though I am bound by city traffic, or stoplights, or, you know, regulations.
Instead, I weave through East Texas at 70 miles per hour,
dodging trucks and tractors and trailers,
with my windows down (still no air-conditioning) and my music up.
Perhaps it reminds me that I'm still free,
that I'm still able,
and that I'm still,
well,
me.

p.s. At this point, I've logged lots of hours in the car. If you need any kind of music/podcast recommendation, I'm your gal. Email (courtneyhope@gmail.com) and I'll see if I can't help change your driving lives.

4 comments:

Meghan said...

I do the same! I have about a half hour commute to work, and I love listening to jazz on XM. SO relaxing!

rachael said...

whatever i'm queen of the commute. although i'd love some recommendations :)

Beatriz Craven... That Girl in Pearls said...

I could not agree more. I used to have to commute an hour everyday (one way) in Texas. I LOVED it. It was so relaxing.

Hope you have a wonderful day!
B.

That Girl in Pearls

B. Hess said...

Agreed. Can you tell, I posted just a few days prior...
http://hintofhess.blogspot.com/2011/03/buying-motorcycle.html

I understand the:
-broken A/C
-graduate school
-hour commute to work (and driving for work)
-riding with the windows down and NEEDing great music. Feel free to send over your suggestions.