Monday, September 27, 2010

difference.

One of my professors responded to a brief assignment in which I was asked to give my opinion regarding some of our reading material. Because I am who I am, I found myself resorting to brutal honesty and wasted no time in describing with great detail in this assignment just how many insecurities I have when it comes to entering the field of professional counseling and treatment.

My professor's response was thoughtful and direct, and one statement he made has continued turning over and over in my brain.

"Plan to do something different and
discover what the difference is."

Planning to do something different takes courage, I think, and most days, I'm quite certain I'm all out. But, other days, well, I feel like I've been given just enough to take a deep breath and refuse to succumb to my old bad patterns and habits of thinking.
I feel inspired, encouraged, and naive enough to brazenly move forward.
I feel ready to discover what the difference is.


p.s. It's 62 degrees currently and I'm so pleased I could cry.
p.p.s Listen to this!
p.p.p.s. New Holgas on the way. Excited.

1 comment:

city girl said...

I'm so glad I found your blog again Courtney!

PS - That's some great advice. I'm definitely gonna keep that in mind.