Wednesday, June 16, 2010

days to be as centuries.

(Holga- January 2010. Somewhere in the middle of nowhere)

"I wish that life should not be cheap, but sacred,
I wish the days to be as centuries, loaded, fragrant."

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Life is busy now.
But I suppose it's that way for everyone.
Currently I am longing for lazy days by an ocean.
Any shoreline would do.
Although perhaps not one by the gulf.
(And with that statement, I am choosing to keep my opinions about the recent oil disaster to myself.)

So,
instead of beaches,
I've taken to bubble baths and beer,
dinner parties and ballet dancing.

I am wanting these days to be fragrant.
Sacred and good and free from my usual fanatical fantasies that involve me far away and different than I am.
These ideas, I know, are of no value to me.

I hope all of you are well,
those who stop by this place every so often.

And please,
if you live near the water,
dip in your toes and tell it hello for me-

A wonderful, raucous, Courtney-kind of hello.



5 comments:

Chloe said...

This blog post completely encapsulates my mood at this current moment in time. I want to live by the sea. I want it to be summer right now. I want to do nothing all day apart from sleep, eat, lie in the sun, read and eat some more.

It's true that most people fantasise about being different to who they are. Perhaps my one comfort is that someone might be fantasising about pressure from school, not enough time to do things and being stuck in on summer days. If only.

I hope that you're well too, Courtney!

tsizzleforizzle said...

I find myself longing to hang out with you these days dear friend. However since that cannot happen right now and I do not live near the ocean I will say hello to the beautiful rocky mountains for you.

P.B. said...

You have such a way with words. So beautiful.

Well, I cannot offer you a warm, sandy beach- but feel free to give me a ring sometime and we'll head down to the pee-filled pool at the CC. We can feel our bellies with all the sorority beer we want. :)

Love you, sweet friend!

olive juice photography said...

:) i agree!

Elizabeth said...

great post! you're missed :)