Monday, April 5, 2010

easter parade.


What a weekend it has been,
full of lovely friends and quirky excursions and take-your-breath-away surprises.

The roommate surprised me yesterday with the shiniest red bike you've ever seen.
She told me that one of my "somedays was today."

I think she's one of the best.

So then, of course, we gathered a couple of friends together and took an Easter ride.
We paraded around the neighborhood and discovered some of the most beautiful little places,
including a tiny little coffee shop, a new local consignment store, and the most enchanting backyard. It all fit together to create the kind of deep breath that I was needing-
so serendipitous and simple and good.


Yes.
It was a very good day.

11 comments:

Lacy said...

How fun! And what pretty pictures!

rachael said...

love your bike :) also...best backyard eva.

P.B. said...

I can't believe you've been missing out on these local treasures!!! I love that coffee shop. I was just saying two days ago that I want to get a bicycle- but definitely one with a basket. :) If I ever do, we'll all have to cruise the streets together. And I agree, you def. have the best roommate ever! Happy be-lated Easter!

Morgan Rae said...

WHERE is that lovely backyard? So glad you had such a wonderful easter.

olive juice photography said...

such a fun day! i would LOVE that backyard! so so so pretty!

Meghan said...

Your bike is awesome! What a fun trip!!!

Ruth said...

This looks wildly heavenly. What a great roommate you have!

Rachel said...

this post makes me miss you in such a way....you guys are missed by me. there. I said it!

Elizabeth said...

i love the photos and you got the red bike from your list, yay :)

Des said...

It looks like you're having a great Spring.

Cole-letters to you said...

Great photos! Lovely blog.

Nicole visiting from http://lettersfromcoco.blogspot.com/