Tuesday, February 2, 2010

a picture of a red door...

(holga- November 2009)

... because I love an audacious red door.

And because my eyes feel heavy
and my thoughts seem to be racing in a way that I haven't felt in a while.
And because I'm all out of journal pages to fill,
and have resorted to index cards and scraps.

And so, while it probably doesn't make any sense,
I look at this kind of thing-
this picture-
and I'm reminded that sometimes the simplest of pleasures initiate the greatest of feelings.
I'm reminded that this season of loneliness won't be forever,
and that there is always hope beyond what we can see.





3 comments:

Rachel said...

Your go-to is red doors... mine is red wine.

Regardless, I just adore you and hope your day is full of peace.

Elizabeth said...

I love red doors too, and like they say, the little things are the ones that count the most!

Emily Anne said...

I love your blog. Love this picture, love the title, love it SO MUCH. Just thought I'd let you know :) xo