Thursday, February 25, 2010

joy.

My heart feels lighter
after hearing the news that our dear friends have been chosen by ABC to have an Extreme Home Make Over. Their door was knocked on this morning and news traveled fast. We've all been pushing for it for quite some time (but unable to talk about it much, due to confidentiality issues), and we couldn't be more thrilled.

He is my old boss,
as well as a cancer survivor
and a transplant recipient,
and she is one of the kindest and strongest women I've met.
Together they have adopted four beautiful children from Kazakhstan,
two of which have special needs,
and all of which are never without a smile.

The whole lot of them are truly one of the most inspiring families I've ever had the privilege of knowing,
and now they are on their way to Hawaii!

I just love when wonderful things happen to wonderful people.

8 comments:

Leah said...

This made me smile... they deserve it. xoxo

keila said...

What wonderful news. God is great and sounds like many prayers have been answered. Thanks for sharing!

Meghan said...

Oh wow, that is incredible! I couldn't agree more - love it when good people are rewarded!

tsizzleforizzle said...

agreed. they are an incredible family, and they deserve it! wish i was there to help move that bus. i miss them and you as well.

Elizabeth said...

congratulations, those are great news!

Rhianne said...

Wow, thats amazing, I love that show and I always love it when the people deserve it :)

Rachel said...

Court, you HAVE to go help them build... how wonderful!

Amber said...

That is SO amazing! My mom watches that show every week and can never keep from crying.
Thanks for sharing, it reminds you how real it all is when you actually know the people. Sounds like and amazing family.