Tuesday, February 23, 2010



I've lived in Texas for going on ten years now,
(TEN! ugh. When I say things like that I feel so old, so let's just say I've lived around here for a while now...) and so I'm not completely sure how I still manage to go into utter shock at the bi-polar tendencies of our weather.

Two days ago it was 75 degrees.

Flowers were blooming.
Birds were singing.
Children were running around the neighborhood like it was the first day of summer vacation.



And
today?

Well, how do I put this delicately?
It's frickin snowing.







6 comments:

keila said...

okay, so I started following your blog a couple of weeks ago. I just stumbled upon it, noticed you lived in Texas, loved your pics and postings and decided to follow your blog. Anywho, I just now got on here to blog, and on my dashboard pops up your new post, about the weather and your pic of the march flower....well, that is exactly the same as what I am posting, so now I feel like a copy cat! lol I too captured a pic of the march flowers that have bloomed in our yard and was planning on writing about the first signs of Spring, then today it started snowing here in Corsicana, Tx and was about to blog about our 80 degree weather one day and then two days later it is snowing. So, I PROMISE I am not stealing your thoughts...even though it looks like it! lol Enjoy the snow...maybe it will be back up to 80 by Sunday! :)

Meghan said...

Ugh, I am SO sick of this crazy weather! Granted, I am used to the snow, but just when you think it's going to warm up, it snows!

Elizabeth said...

awe, the photo is lovely, and i love cold weather, i don't like hot weather too much.

Lacy said...

Our weather here has been crazy too. Last week it was hot for 3 days, then freezing and raining the next. We're back to rain this week. Ugh. It was such an a awful little teaser.

olive juice photography said...

oh man ya! i was debating laying out and getting a tan yesterday... pouring today.. i mean really wtf.. im glad i dont have snow in ca.. or id be more upset

kathleen said...

Wow, that is crazy! 75 one day and snowing the next? That is insane. Period. :)