Friday, February 5, 2010

courage.


(holga- December, 2009)

"It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are."
-e.e. cummings

I am currently learning this lesson,
day by day.
For reasons that are, I'm sure, quite logical,
I've slipped back into a place of lots of questions and thoughts
regarding who I am and who I was
and why this life I have now looks the way it does.

(And, for the record, I had no intention of piecing together that last sentence to rhyme.)



I want to believe that I am able to be loved.
I want to believe that someone will some day value me because of who I am,
and not just because of who they want me to be.

I want this.
I just need more of that reckless courage,
I think.










3 comments:

David L Lankford said...

oh I so love you. thanks for posting this.

dandelion daydream photography said...

i kinda feel like im in the same place as you.. i have 2 directions i want to go and cant go both... but both are needed to fulfill me... i like the words that you used :) thank you

Lacy said...

I couldn't agree more. I'm in that reflecting, how did I get here? and where to go from here? phase. Looking back I find this quote so appropriate. For so long I was fighting who I was. Recently I've accepted it, and now am loving it. I've grown apart from a lot of my friends, taken on new interests, accepting of my responsibilities, obligations. It's a lonely path to grow up and find out who you really are. I don't know when I'll fully be there, but I'm liking the lessons and experiences I'm gaining while finding my way there.