Friday, January 8, 2010

magic.


My mind is racing about a thousand miles a minute.
Lots to do today.

Parties to prep for and a messy house to clean and goodbyes to blubber through and my sanity to strive for....

Classes begin next week-
really, really difficult classes.

And still, I'm struggling to comprehend how it's 2010 and my ten year high school reunion is mere months away.
I'm struggling to understand how this past year happened so slowly and so quickly and with such unexpected loss.

And, maybe aside from anything and everything else, I'm determined to have this upcoming year be a season of living,
instead of merely existing.

I don't always love myself very well,
but maybe I can love myself enough to create a bit of magic in my life.

So, perhaps this can be a resolution to keep stored up.
Because I tend to believe our hope is our magic,
and this year I'm going to hold on to as much of it as I can muster.




4 comments:

Auntie Sondos said...

I know exactly what you're talking about. Where did that decade go? I'm 5 years away from my 10 year high schools reunion of course, but I can still relate.
I love your resolution. hope is magic.

Oh and you have a truly wonderful blog!

kELLO! said...

eik! high school reunion! i have my 5 year this summer and reeeeally not looking forward to it. good luck. you'll knock 'em dead.

Megan said...

I think that is a lovely resolution, we all need a little magic in our lives.

beeyum said...

I know how you feel because i feel the same way. this year flew by fast, and at the same time felt so slow. school is always great to start but not when the classes are hard.

have a great weekend!