Tuesday, December 1, 2009

A warm house.




I think it's finally beginning to feel a bit like the holidays around here.
The cold rain is beating against the windows, a few candles are lit,
and the quiet of the house is being broken up only by Sufjan and the occasional puppy bark.


I'm desperately trying to appreciate the things and people and nourishment and knowledge and time and music and talent and body that I possess,
instead of longing for all of the things that I do not.

And, of course, I'm studying.
Some days I wish that I could hire someone to help me with all of this madness-
someone who could ask me questions throughout the day and make me flash cards and bring me tea while I try to stuff all of these words and ideas into my brain. Some days it's hard to be going at this school thing alone.

But, alas, this is my responsibility, I know.
And so I'll go make myself some tea and go through a new stack of index cards and try to enjoy the process of this life that I have chosen.
And I'll be thankful that I've been given the opportunity to do so.

2 comments:

jme4ya25 said...

Hey Courtney, I'll get your Tea and make you flash cards and ask you questions, haha

nicole addison said...

aww i start classes soon and im just dreading it. when i think about the big picture then i feel comforted knowing im doing what im supposed to. it still stinks tho:)