Friday, December 18, 2009

I'l be home for Christmas.


Tomorrow at this time,
I will be driving home.
If all goes according to plan,
I will be well on my way,
highly caffeinated,
four to five podcasts in,
and have a sleeping puppy by my side.

I still have a full day ahead of me,
with work to finish,
a house to clean,
a car to clean,
and bags to pack.

But, I think this feeling may be one of my favorites-
the feeling of anticipation that comes with going home,
especially at Christmas time.

I'm so very blessed to have such a wonderful family,
who lights up the tree,
and warms up the house,
and lets me bring my crazy dog and my crazy self into their quiet lives.

I can't wait.

2 comments:

Megan said...

Awe... I hope you have a wonderful Christmas, Courtney. I'm beginning to get all of those warm, Christmas fuzzies myself. Be careful! Love ya, my friend. -Megan

Elizabeth said...

Have a wonderful weekend and holidays. it's always fun to go home and spend it with family :)