Sunday, December 20, 2009

I made it.
Home is warm and the weather is cold and the world up here is so different.
I always forget that until I return.
The dogs are beginning to become friends.
Marlo slept for the entirety of the twelve hour drive yesterday and
I listened to about 29 podcasts in a row.
I feel at least seven percent smarter.
The family is well.
Caroline and I already traipsed around town singing at the top of our lungs to our favorite White Stripes and John Lennon songs. It's kind of what we do.
And it is finally beginning to feel more like the appropriate season.
The house is beautiful and cozy
and snow is on the ground.
I think I like it here.

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

glad your home, and that you made it there safe. warm is good, sometimes.

P.S I'm following you on twitter!

Catherine said...

Glad you made it! We are in Nebraska right now, staying the night in Grand Island. Are all grocery stores called 'Skagway'?

I find that odd.

Have fun and Merry Christmas!

Des said...

I hope that you and your family have a very happy holiday season.