Friday, October 2, 2009

No Hate + Cake

Friday.

Whew. We made it.

October.

You're my favorite.

My birthday rolls in one week. I've begun the process of convincing myself to not freak out about all of it. Every year I tend to hate on myself a little harder around my birthday, and I really don't want to do that this time around. I haven't got the energy or the emotional reserves for that kind of thing.

So, this time, it's just a day. It's just one day closer to me figuring out what the heck is really going on in this little head, heart, and life of mine. It's just one day closer to me figuring out how to successfully pay all of my bills every month. It's just one day closer to me getting my degree and moving on to the next step. It's just one day closer to me learning to truly love wholly and unabashedly.

It's just one day closer.

No hate + cake = Birthday Mantra 2009.

Wish me luck.

3 comments:

rachael said...

good mantra. when are you coming to h town so i might throw you a tasteful yet ragin' birthday bash?

Mike Steelman said...

It is just another day... really! You'll be fine. Sounds like you have a good handle on it.

Chloe T said...

Ah, I completely agree.. I've never been so happy for it to be a Friday.. such a busy week!
Nice mantra too, I like it :) Haha my 14th birthday is in January, I'm still a young one!
Happy birthday wishes for next week, I'm sure you'll have a lovely time - don't freak out!
--Chloe x