Sunday, October 18, 2009

My Sweet Mama...

Yesterday, on the way to the baby celebration, I received a phone call from my mom. She was calling to tell me that my mama (her mother) had passed away early yesterday morning. I was going to see mama that very day, excited to see her and the rest of my mom's side of the family in a few short hours. She had just written me a sweet letter this past week telling me how she was so looking forward to "hearing all about things and my life."
I so wish now that I had taken a moment to write her back and let her know how excited I was as well. I thought that I would be able to hug her and tell her all about those things she wanted to hear about.


But, now, instead of gathering for the baby shower, we will be gathering for a different kind of reason- to celebrate my beautiful mama's life.

Off to West Texas I go.
I'm leaving early tomorrow morning and will be back mid-week.


6 comments:

Catherine said...

My thoughts to you and your family, Courtney. The good news is that even though you didn't get a chance to tell her all about the things going on in your life, at least now she is watching from up above.

I'll pray for a week of peace and celebration for your family. :)

Chloe T said...

I'm sorry to hear about your loss. I know it seems horrible that you were never able to get back to your Mama, but she's in a better place now. I give my condolences and that you celebrate your Mama's life well, --Chloe

Melissa said...

I'm so sorry Courtney. My condolences to you and your family.

Des said...

I'm so sorry for your loss and I'll be sure to keep your family in my prayers.

tsizzleforizzle said...

I am so sorry about your loss. I am praying for you and your family. I love you

Liz said...

Praying for you and your mom, especially.