Thursday, October 29, 2009

Hard Hats.



Alright.

So here's the truth of the matter.

I need a revamp.

This blog needs a revamp.
My brain needs a revamp.
My hair needs a revamp.
So does my closet.
And all of my bookshelves.
As well as my cheese intake, my checking account, and my laundry habits.
I think my heart and soul could use a bit of revamping as well.

And so, I'm trying to get on with it. Enough with the talk, and more rock! as they say.

I'm tired of being sad. I'm tired of missing friends. I'm tired of missing who I used to be and who I used to be with.

Really. I'm. Just. So. Tired.

Thank you, the few kind individuals who meddle through this dreary mess to pop in and say hello. Thank you for allowing me to be nothing except who I am (even if, as my lovely sister likes to tell me, all I do is WHINE, WHINE, WHINE! and then I tell her that, oh yeah? well it's my blog, and I'll whine if I want to, and then she says, but Courtney, seriously, you're life isn't that tragic and I'm all like, I know! I do! I'm just getting things a bit sorted out up in here and oh, gosh, look at the time, don't you have a poetry slam you should be getting to?)

Anyhow.

All of this to say:

(photo by hellochris)


7 comments:

David L Lankford said...

oh hon. it'll be okay. come to Atlanta and let me put Bump in your lap and make you coffee and we'll walk down to the lake and make fun of the geese and everything will be okay.

Rachael said...

first off, wish i could see the picture you posted...wondering what it is of. Secondly, after you go to atlanta, come to houston and drink wine with me and do mud masks whilst kevin cooks us a fabulous cheese filled dinner. in fact, screw it. MOVE to houston, transfer your credits to a college here, and live with us in our extra room.(the room is actually set up and everything. seriously.) do it. DO IT.

Melissa said...

I can't see the picture so now it's gonna bother me not knowing what you had to say! lol

Really though, I went through the same thing. Everything in my life either seemed old, or like a big mess. There's really nothing better than revamping everything and starting over. Declutter your life... get rid of everything (and everyone) you don't need. Then reconnect with the people and things you do. Organize your life - your belongings, your schedule, your goals. It'll work wonders and really turn your mood around.

Good luck!

Leah said...

Everything happens for a reason... just live your life one day at a time and you'll be okay.

Have a great weekend!

growingfreely said...

i, furthermore would like to say, that i will be joining you in atlanta AND in houston (so get ready david and rachael). also - get a perm...HA! i said it! it's even funnier written out! hahahah...

seriously, let's go see carlos together and get our hair did.

Liz said...

i like reading what you write. if this is whining, it's well-disguised. love ya!

A.Back said...

I feel worse now for not getting over there last weekend. At least you could have laughed at my eating habits and we could all smoke Blacks. Well, you all could smoke Blacks and I'll smoke my American Spirits, which I am going to go do right now.

I hear you though. I feel like being in Austin has been worse than being out at the Ranch by myself last fall. Isn't Austin supposed to be this great place for twenty somethings to live?