Monday, October 12, 2009

Birthday Recap.

Birthday weekend was officially a success. I felt so loved it was ridiculous.
This morning I'm recapping and drinking out of this wonderful mug that my brilliant mother found for me on one of her thrift store navigations. I'm telling you, she is the master of thrift.

Look! It's a "This American Life" mug! With a cartoon of Ira Glass! I mean, come on. That's just straight yuppie funny right there. And I love it.
(She also sent me about a thousand other little wonderful goodies, but I had to post a picture of this one because it's a THIS AMERICAN LIFE MUG! With a cartoon of IRA GLASS! Do I need to repeat myself?)


Ok. So the weekend included a fabulous and swank suite downtown in the big city.


There was bed jumping.




There were margaritas and Mexican food.




There was quintessential gas station junk food purchased for the drive.



There was dressing up and cocktail drinking and downtown perusing and morning hot-tubbing and barefoot-breakfast-eating. And there were three of the loveliest and dearest friends a girl could ask for.



Thank you all so much for helping to make this birthday (the one I was dreading so very much) very, very special. My cup runneth over.

7 comments:

Leah said...

Spending birthdays with special friends is truly fabulous. I can imagine the fun you had. Have a great week ahead.

Mike Steelman said...

Happy birthday! Looks like you had a blast and I hope this year brings great things.

Chloe T said...

I'm so glad you had a wonderful birthday - it sounds like you had a great time with your friends. :D
Chloe xo

Catherine said...

Glad to hear it was such a great day for you!

And oh, "my cup runneth over..." Sigh. I love Hope Floats.

growingfreely said...

loved this post. love you. and love the ending quote. good one.

Melissa said...

I somehow thought your last two posts were one post, and commented on the last one! Happy Birthday again!

zenfullyme said...

Looks like a blast! Glad you had a good time! And Happy Belated Birthday!