Friday, September 11, 2009

I think I'm in love.



I thought I would post a few of my favorites from the first two rolls of film I shot with the Holga. I'm definitely still on a learning curve here, so hang with me as I try to figure all of this madness out. After the first roll, I taped up the back pretty heavily- there was too much light and overexposure... I think it definitely helped with the second round.



This may be one of my favorites. This was a sad, washed up dinosaur. And I mean really, who hasn't felt like one of those before?

Before the rain hit...

Night time frame shot with a red filter...

This one turned out kind of cool. Two images coinciding and colliding. Stop sign + Rose bush

Galveston Beach.

I tried a little multiple exposure tomfoolery.

Trees!

Sand Castle Creating.

Our front door + a bit of the next frame = interesting pic...

Anyhow, there is still so much to learn but, overall, I'm pretty happy with all of it. I think the Holga is here to stay.



5 comments:

Melissa said...

I love the Holga! I love the quality of the pictures, they're so vintage. the pics came out great!

zenfullyme said...

I love the multiple exposure and trees ones! How fun!

Leah said...

I haven't tried shooting with a Holga. I know it's a different discipline. I love how the images turned out. They have a distinct character.

Rhianne said...

these are great! I love my holga!

Jared Gould said...

I really like the photo at Galveston with the beach and the double exposure that shows the chairs.... wonderful shot. If I had an album I think I'd ask you to shoot the cover with the Holga.