Saturday, September 26, 2009

Ciao Bella...






A few weeks back I finally made good on a promise to a long lost friend and sent him several photos that I had taken of us when we had studied abroad together back in 2003. I hadn't looked at some of those photographs for quite a while, and in doing so, I felt that familiar "itch" return... that desire to go and see and do...

I fell head over heels in love with Italy (because I think it's probably a scientific impossibility to NOT love it once you have spent any amount of time there) and, especially during this time of the year, I wish I could go back to that time in my life. I wish I could return to my old apartment and say hello to my old Italian friends and walk those quirky streets once again. I loved that season of my life and I feel so blessed to have been able to call Florence my temporary home.

Anyhow, I thought I would share a few of my favorite shots of Florence that I recently scanned into my computer. There are so many more of various cities and countries that we were privileged enough to explore, but for tonight, on this September evening, I think these will be just right.


(photo credit to my wonderful cousin Heather,
taken atop the beautiful Piazale Michelangelo)

(I snapped this one on a walk home from class one afternoon. If I remember correctly, this little cafe was near Piazza del Duomo..Is it not one of the most whimsical places in the world?)

(taken by me- Piazza della Signoria)


(I think this is also Piazza della Signoria... but I could certainly be very wrong. I didn't label this one... oops!)

(And this is one of my favorites. I don't recall what part of the city I was when I snapped this, but I do remember being mesmerized by this precious grandpa and his grandson.)



Oh, Italy. You have my heart. Undoubtedly and unabashedly.








6 comments:

zenfullyme said...

I'm so jealous you studied abroad! They are amazing photos. They seem to really capture the essence of Italy!

Leah said...

I haven't been to Italy. Those images are gorgeous. I'll definitely visit someday.

Rhianne said...

Italy is definitely in my top 3 places to go visit, these photos are lovely. Thanks for following my blog :)

Des said...

Wow, these pictures are really excellent. That is so cool that you were able to spend that time in Florence. It really does seem like it has such a fantastic place. I imagine that the food and wine there was outstanding.

M.E. said...

What an amazing experience... beautiful photos.

erin - heart in ireland said...

gorgeous shots! i loved the week i had in italy in february. it was one of my favorite places i've been!