Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Beard Love (a.k.a. I blame Ryan Gosling)



So, there I was this morning, sitting in my therapy session, thinking about how I think too much, and thinking about how I should practice delayed thinking so that when I feel tempted to over-think things I can merely push that thinking to a set aside "thinking" time for said types of thoughts, and then, out of nowhere, while over-thinking thinking, I had this thought:

I like beards.

No. Really. I promise you. In the midst of all of that chaos going on in my head, for a fleeting moment, those three words somehow passed through my brain. And while, yes, I do like beards (on men, not women) I found this recognition to be somewhat disconcerting.

I wonder what Freud would say?

I blame him:

(courtesy of www.dailystab.com)


He was one of the first to solidify my love for facial hair.

And now, somehow, he's made it into this blog post involving my therapy, my over-analysis, and my love for beards.


At least I offer something pretty to look at here, folks.


Happy Hump Day.




9 comments:

Leah said...

Well, I really love Santa Claus.

Chloe T said...

Oh wow, I completely have to agree.. Rugged beards.. not full on 5 foot long beards but just a little bit of tufty facial hair!!<3
Thanks so much for following too, really appreciate it :D Xx

Chloe T said...

Oh and I just saw the comment you left, aw of course you're completely welcome! I'm so glad that you seem to be feeling better and that hopefully my few words helped :D
And yeah no problem, of course, life is busy busy busy for everyone. Ah gosh, 500 Days of Summer is one of the best films I've seen in a while, so yeah definitely. :D
I am, in turn, very glad to be blog friends too, hope to exchange more pleasantries soon!
--Chloe xx

rachael said...

i blame ryan reynolds. oh, and my husband.

David L Lankford said...

:)

zenfullyme said...

Haha. I love beards too. They're so rugged and manly!

Rhianne said...

I love them too - my friends don't understand but I don't care :)

boubou said...

Bonjour !
first time i come across you blog , i wanted to invite you check out my daily collage inspiration on my blog boubouteatime if you have some time, i hope you will enjoy the visit :)
a bientot!

Organic Meatbag said...

My beard is blushing! Hahahaha