Monday, September 7, 2009

The beach and I? Yeah, we're like THIS!!...

(Edit: My mother just called and informed me that my grammar is atrocious. My apologies... "The beach and ME....)


...because, seriously you guys, I LOVE THE OCEAN! I love the feeling of the sand in my toes and fingers and the sounds of old and new life, washing up onto shore. I love the feeling of the sun evaporating the salt water on my soft belly. I love watching the seagulls dive and weave through the people and the bright umbrellas, and I love watching the pink-faced children create sand sculptures that make me want to be a little kid all over again.

And, even more, I love being able to experience all of this good stuff with dear friends by my side. Marlo and I spent two lovely days frolicking with some of my favorite people and we had a grand ol' time. And, let me just tell you, for being a five month year old puppy, she was pretty much a rock star.

Anyhow, there was sun, pizza, wine, sand, Billy Joel, Chuy's, coffee, coffee, coffee, I-45, IKEA, Holga snapping, dog walking, and waffle-making. All in about 36 hours.

Saturday we headed to the beach for the day! And the sun shone beautifully for us! And I only got a little bit sunburned! And I only got water up my nose once! And sand in my mouth three times!

Sand exfoliation = reason to cover your entire body with dirt and have it be socially acceptable...

These lovely ladies are my two best friends from undergrad/Waco/Sic' em/ Baylor. Aren't they cute?


I've always been the vertically challenged one of the group. I think it's my destiny.



What short blonde chick ruined this picture? It's me! It's me!


I stayed with these two kids. Great peeps.

They conjured up a few delicious cups of coffee for me. The French Press is also a rock star.

This is when Becca and I decided it would be a good idea to go to IKEA on Labor Day Weekend. Just in case you were wondering, it was definitely NOT A GOOD IDEA (notice the glazed over look in our eyes). We chilled inside the store with about 876,435 other people who had the same bright idea while it poured rain outside. But, the way I see it, if you're going to be stuck inside a large blue building for a while, it might as well be one that serves 50 cent hotdogs and has anything you could possibly need or want in order to survive in the event of an unexpected natural disaster...

We eventually exited gracefully and with only minor water damage to ourselves and our purchases.

And so...

Marlo and I got back late yesterday evening, and lest you think that the weekend went by without one hitch, here's the very last event that transpired before the clock struck 12 last night-

Marlo came running into the house with a mouth full of poop.

And she liked it.


I hope everyone's weekend went well. Happy Labor Day to all, and to all, I wish you a feces free celebration.






3 comments:

Samantha said...

the beach is NEVER a bad place to go! I totally agree.

the southern hostess said...

Looks like a great weekend! I'm really enjoying your blog.

Adele said...

looks like soo much fun! (: it's okay, I'm pretty much vertically challenged too. (; xx