Monday, August 24, 2009

A list.

Well, the week I've been waiting for has arrived.

Today marks the beginning of the end of summer. I start back to school this week. I'm taking on a new student at work. I'm slowly but surely getting back into the swing of things at The Buck. And last night, as I lay in bed not sleeping because that's what happens most nights, I found myself thinking about these past few months. And then I started thinking about some of the silly and not-so-silly things that I feel proud of myself for getting through and/or accomplishing this summer.

The list is as follows:

1. I've survived an entire Texas summer without A.C. in my car.
2. I've cooked more meals than I've eaten out.
3. I've endured my first true heartbreak.
4. I've survived almost two months with a new puppy. And she's still alive!
5. I bared all in a bikini LOTS of times this summer. That was a big step.
6. I've made new friends.
7. I've kept up with old ones.
8. I pulled a 4.0 GPA in my classes.
9. I've read more books than I have in a long time.
10. I've successfully taken some important steps in helping myself feel more like, well, myself.

Anyone else have any summer "lists" to share?

3 comments:

M.E. said...

Hmm... maybe a list would do me some good. Congrats on your GPA... that's fantastic!

Catherine Jeter said...

Courtney, congrats on the 4.0! That's awesome. Glad to hear it sounds like things are getting on track for you.

Maybe I'll make a list of my own tonight. =)

Kristin said...

NO air in Texas. Yikes. You're a trooper! Congrats on your fabulous achievements!