Friday, August 28, 2009

I'm a phaser. It's what I do.


Well, most people who know me are aware that I tend to work in phases. I listen to music in phases. I read authors in phases. I eat certain foods in phases. I wear certain clothes in phases. I embrace new hobbies in phases. And while I'm not entirely convinced others don't participate in the same "phasing" behavior that I do (and no, that was absolutely not a reference to Jacob Black or ware wolves but how sad is it that upon typing the word phasing that was the first thing I thought of... sigh.), I am convinced that my sporadic interests tend to contribute to my often-experienced feelings of uncertainty and self-doubt.

But I can't help it. I'm a phaser. It's what I do.

So, here are my current list of phases:

Music: I. Can't. Stop. Listening. to. Elton. John. Classic. Your Song? Mona Lisas and Mad Hatters? Candle in the Wind? Tiny Dancer? Love them. Love him.

Authors: I'm on a pretty big John Steinbeck kick, trying to read everything he's written- I just finished reading The Red Pony. It's a boy coming of age without the happy ending kind of tale. I liked it.

Food: You see this?

This is my new food obsession. I generally consume it every day for lunch. Gala apple, natural peanut butter, dark chocolate chips. Check and check. Done and done.

Clothes: Sun dresses. I can't stop wearing them. Also (because I have to wear pants sometimes) my new Gap "Born to Fit" jeans. Believe all the hype. They really are that good.

Hobby: Lomography. I'm already addicted and my camera hasn't even arrived yet. All I want to do is peruse galleries and read up on shooting tips. Ridiculous really.


What about you guys? What are your current "phases"?

3 comments:

Ashley said...

I love it- you are totally a phaser. Because I've know you too long I won't name some of your past phases that include boy bands. I'm in a major photography phase (new nikon, photoshop, lightroom-check, check check. can't understand a damn thing- check). Also I'm in a phase where my toenails and fingernails must always be perfectly painted. My favorite color is so dark chocolate that it looks black. Weird. Miss you! Keep a bloggin'...lovin' it.

M.E. said...

I wish I knew if I was a phaser... most of the time I'm just confused... haha. BTW, I'm really beginning to get excited about your Holga... but I think part of it could be b/c I really like the name Holga. More people should really consider that name for their children... cats... maybe even their fish. It's quite catchy. Hope you've had a great week!

Samantha said...

I'm a phaser too! And I never had a way of saying it, but this blog totally said it perfectly!

And thanks for stopping by at the RTH!