Saturday, August 1, 2009

Holga





This is something I've been seeing a little bit about lately, and I've got to tell you, it's definitely peaking my interest. Obviously I know the Holga camera model has been around for a while, but it's kind of refreshing to read up on good old print photography in this day of digital mass chaos. I mean, I love digital photography as much as the next person, but there is something to be said about the element of surprise that comes with the simplicity of point and shoot.

So, you know, maybe this will be my next new hobby to pick up. I've been wanting to try it now for a little while and I think it might make for a new and interesting creative endeavor.

I desperately wanted one on hand tonight when I dragged poor Marlo out in the rain for a quick walk. This past week has brought in some cooler, stormier weather that I've actually really enjoyed. Usually I'm a sunshine girl, but I think the rain allows for a bit of rest. It somehow makes me feel a bit more balanced to look out the window and see a world that matches my mood- a bit slow and lacking in color, yet still yearning and full of sound and life. Walking through the puddles and seeing the light stream through the small windows of nearby houses helps me to feel a part of things, I think.

Anyhow, away I go to attempt to live life a bit more. Wish me luck :)

6 comments:

jasmine said...

the holga is definitely on my list of things i want right now...quite literally. randomly, i just blogged about it this afternoon. haha!

zenfullyme said...

Fun! I agree there is something special about the "point and shoot" method. I've really been wanting one of those old school cameras where you look down into it and the image is actually backwards. I forgot what they're called. Good luck with your new adventure!

K @ Blog Goggles said...

I would love to get one of those! Maybe this fall...

Caroline said...

I really, really like your new layout. Yeah, I was interested in asking for one of those last Christmas, but then I talked to my photography teacher and he said they are just "toy cameras"...I still think they're neat.

Rose Red said...

Holgas are great. I loving using film cameras, it's always a surprise when you get the prints.

Kristin said...

I've been seeing these everywhere and am definitely intrigued. It puts out such a different picture.