Saturday, August 8, 2009

The Date.

So, the date went well. I was kind of nervous at first, you know, having not been out on a date in a while... I wasn't sure what to wear and how to do my hair, but all in all I think it was pretty successful. I mean, come on, it's kind of hard to screw up a date with yourself... right?

No, but really, I had a good day. The quick update looks something like this:

  • Up at 4 am to take the roommate to the airport.
  • Finished with airport drop off by 8 am.
  • Wandered around downtown Dallas for a while thinking I knew where I was going when, in reality, I didn't. Shocker.
  • Called my mother to tell me just where the eff Lamar Ave. connected to 75? 30? I couldn't remember. She was a lifesaver and delivered me promptly to this place.
  • Savored a glorious chai while working on my presentation on meditation (WHOLE other post right there...)
  • Hopped over to The Angelika to see 500 days of Summer. Loved it. I mean, REALLY loved it. I sat in the very back row, dead center, with five other people in the theater and cried. It kind of rumbled my heart a little bit. If you know me, and you watch it... well, then you'll understand.
  • And then, are you ready? I went into Urban Outfitters and DIDN'T BUY A THING. Huge. That was really huge.
  • Ok. Here's where it gets a bit saucy. You see, I cheated (just a bit!) and met my friend Drew for a quick drink. I know. I know! How could I do that to myself? Don't worry, I think I'll understand. After a while, I just got a little boring and had to excuse myself.
  • And finally, I made my way to 1/2 Price Books and ALMOST didn't buy anything. Except that then I did. (In my defense, of the five books I bought, one was a replacement of a book I had lent out to a friend, another was a textbook, and the third was only three dollars...so, you know, obviously my hands were tied)
Now (just so you all can have the complete mental image) I'm sitting on my brown couch, watching Marlo lick my toes (isn't it amazing the things we let our dogs get away with?) and inhaling some strawberries. This, ladies and gentleman, is how I spend my Saturday nights.

Don't be jealous.



3 comments:

zenfullyme said...

Sounds like a fun time! I want to see 500 Days of Summer, looks like a good one. Thanks for the music recommendations too! So far I ended up with Ray LaMontagne and the Decemberists. I added the rest to my list for a later time!

Kristin said...

Way to be lady. I haven't hung out with myself in ages. The little dude put the kabosh on that. Ah ha

Erin Dietrich said...

You are the best!