Monday, June 29, 2009

Not too much to report on here.  I just finished taking a test that was kind of awful.  I did alright, though I would have preferred my grade to be a little bit higher. I told my very handsome professor that he was slowly killing me.  He looked at me and said " I love you...", er, I mean, "you're welcome."  

And he thinks I was referring to the test...

Anyways, our great friend David stopped through town on Saturday and it was wonderful to see him.  He's such a blessing to me and I realized just how much I've missed having his cute little self around.  
He's one of my favorites.



It's raining outside right now, which seems like a miracle from above.  It's been over a hundred degrees here for the past few days and for a girl without A.C. in her car, any form of cool water falling from the sky is as exciting as Christmas morning.  I'm truly thankful.

And besides this, things are moving on.  I'm still struggling to reconcile lots of recent happenings in my life and in my friend's lives-  I think I will probably be in the process for a while.  I'm wanting to try to take each day solely and slowly. I'm trying to enjoy summer here, but I must admit, I miss Colorado.  I miss the mountains.  I miss the people. I miss the smell.  I miss the view.  I miss this:




Anyhow, for now, I'm trying to sweat it out gracefully here in Texas.  I'm trying to enjoy the unknowns of my future.  I'm trying not to be scared.  I'm trying to not be angry at the boy.  I'm trying to remember to laugh.  I'm trying to read more.  I'm trying to remember to wear sunscreen.  I'm trying to call people back.

I'm trying.  I really am.



2 comments:

Liz said...

you're doing great at the calling people back thing. :) enjoyed chatting for what, over an hour, the other day. we're praying for you up here in chi-town, friend.

Catherine said...

I know what you mean about missing Colorado. No one ever really understands what it means to truly miss such a wonderful place until they've actually spent some quality time there. I can't wait to get back for good.

Glad to hear things seem like they are starting to pick up for you...