Sunday, December 7, 2008

In the Groove.

So I've been a little busy as of late.  Blogging has definitely fallen to the bottom of my priority list (although when it comes to procrastinating the completion of my homework, I have absolutely no problem surfing other's blogs...).  I feel like a lot has happened the last couple of weeks.  Lots of people in and out, lots of preparation for the end of this particular season, and it seems, lots of preparation for the next one.  Finals are upon me, and I feel so rusty in all of this.  I have to try SO hard to focus, but when I'm actually home in our cozy little house, studying is usually the last thing I feel like I have the energy for.  

But, it's all about getting back into the groove of things.   I find myself lying in bed most mornings savoring the last few minutes of silence before I have to force myself up, bare feet to the cold floor.  It seems like the safest place in the world- not moving, not talking, not watching- just lying still and warm.  Those are the kinds of things that make you feel normal, even if the rest of your day feels far from it.  

And then I get up, walk out to a flooded garage, or a car that isn't quite working, or gaze upon a low bank account and try to keep rolling with the punches.  At least I've got a wee Christmas tree that leans a bit to the left and a window that lets in the sunlight and good friends that love me and that I love right back.  I may be a bit rusty when it comes to studying, and I may have a car that is a bit fickle, but at the end of these crazy days I know I have so much to thankful for.  

And away I go.  I've got to finish a paper.  Wish me luck. 

1 comment:

zentiment said...

What a great post. My favorite part of the day is right when you wake up still in bed, under the nice warm covers, just all cozy. Those are the simple things that keep you sane in a complex world!