Tuesday, November 11, 2008

This is what i get for skipping class.

It was going to be a glorious day.  I had it all planned out.  I was going to sleep in, get up, make some coffee, eat some cereal, put on a good playlist and sit at our table for a couple of warm, cozy hours studying for my statistics test at 2:00.  I figured out this plan around 7:30 this morning when I heard it storming outside and I realized this was NOT the day to go to Abnormal Psychology, and ABSOLUTELY the kind of day to sleep in and lounge around "preparing" for my upcoming exam.  

So.  That's exactly what I did.

I should have known better.

You see, because of that wonderful storm, the roads were a bit slick.  And because I skipped my first class, I obviously left my house a bit later to make it on time for my test.  And because God MUST have a sense of humor, I was promptly rear-ended while at a yield sign waiting to merge into the "high volume" traffic of Tyler.  

Blah.

Here's the good side of things.  (Believe me, I had to talk myself down on the way to take my test... yep.  I still took it.  That's how dedicated to the field of statistics I am...) 

1.  My car was drivable.  No tow trucks needed.
2.  The guy that hit me was very nice and seemed to know it was ABSOLUTELY, WITH OUT A SHADOW OF A DOUBT his fault.
3.  I hit my head.  Big welts apparently equal 500 dollars from the insurance company.  Who knew?  Apparently they don't want me to sue them or something... 
4.  I get a rental for a couple of days while my car is being repaired.  And hey, let's be honest here,  with the state my car is in, cruising around in a rental is going to feel like a dream... a pure, Kia, dream... 


So, let this be a lesson.  
Don't skip class.  (Unless, of course, you have a personal driver, then feel free to skip class all you want...) 

4 comments:

growingfreely said...

okay...i have to comment: pure "kia" dream...hahaha! ahh. now that was funny. okay, go back to knitting now.

Ashley said...

First of all, the amount of accidents you've been in is absolutely hilarious. Second of all PRAISE GOD for providing for you with the $500 welt award. Woot woot! Muah.

Lump said...

thank goodness the dude had car insurance. ;) hope your head is ok and I bet you kicked statistic's ass!

Brent said...

Sounds like you got your answer to the money question earlier. My brainiac idea for you to make money is get into multiple accidents that are not your fault and then receive money and other cars for the stupidity of others. If at all possible, have the people who hit you be ones who drive the "piece of work" trucks you also described earlier. The money coming from the ignorant people will seem that much sweeter. It looks as if all you need in life...is your former blog postings...