Tuesday, November 18, 2008

ipod-less

Ok.  So I know this sounds ridiculous.  But you know how sometimes it feels like the world is out to laugh at you... just to see how far it can push you until you crack?  

This afternoon I felt like maybe, just maybe, I was on the verge of cracking.

The cracking action came when I realized that my ipod that I had put into the front pocket of the large bag I use for school this morning during my Abnormal Psychology class was no longer there... or anywhere.  It was either yanked... or it fell out at some point while I was trekking around campus (along with 5,000 other poor college students who would just LOVE a free ipod). 

Sigh... 

I'm trying not to be frustrated.  I know it's replaceable.  I know it's absolutely not the end of the world.  It's just that sometimes when the small joys of your day are taken away (and for me, music is definitely a happy part of my day) it tends to make the bigger, harder things a little more unbearable.  

I don't know.  I guess you never know what might show up.  Maybe one of those 5,000 poor college students will take pity and turn in that stellar ipod they "found" instead of jamming out to my tunes.  

So, I'll try not to crack, and maybe now, instead of listening to music in my car, or while studying, or while running, or while reading.... well, maybe I can try humming.  I hear that helps you make friends.



2 comments:

Liz said...

I understand the sorrow of being ipod-less. Mine is currently broken. I can tell the difference in my morning commute; I'm much less happy because instead of listening to good music, I'm listening to the news on NPR, and it's depressing.

*sigh* I hope you get your ipod returned. We're debating about whether or not to bite the bullet and buy a new one.

Lump said...

that's like losing your cell phone!! or losing your life! I would die. yep.