Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Growing Pains.

I'm certainly feeling the growing pains of this season of my life.  

This week was one of those weeks that left me feeling like a true adult, facing the many emotions of gain and loss, of life and death.  

My grandma passed away this last Wednesday night.  As much as we were prepared, it was still something that felt incredibly unexpected and sad.  Her funeral was yesterday.  I was leaving work about the same time she was buried.  Distance seems to be a burden at times like this.  I loved her tremendously.  I'll miss her even more.  I think I am realizing that more and more with every day that passes where I realize she is really gone.

The weather is colder here.  Everyone is saying that we are in store for a colder winter than we are used to.  

Tests galore are upon me.  My reality is school and work; never has this been more apparent than this last week when my life seemed to disable me from going home.  Things like that make you feel old.  

I did, however, come home yesterday to find my new macbook waiting for me.  Nothing lifts the spirits like a pretty LED screen to shine back at you.  I am loving it, and my wonderful friends have done such a wonderful job of helping walk me through the most simple of computer tasks as I get used to this whole new world I have entered.  I have to admit, I never thought I could love a piece of crafted aluminum so much.  Next step is sprucin' up this boring little blog.  More pictures! More wit! More videos! Stay tuned.

I hope this finds the precious few who read this blog feeling alive and well.  This is, after all, the best time of the year.  



P.S. I don't know why, but I can NOT get this song out of my head.  As much as Kanye sometimes makes me want to gouge out my left eye, I can't deny his ability to create things that stick with you.


3 comments:

Shannon Kelly said...

hooray for the new macbook! I hope it cheers you after everything that has been happening.

Ashley said...

Sorry to hear about your grandma. :( I do want to welcome you to the world of a mac. It's a fabulous world. Love you!

tsizzleforizzle said...

I am so sorry about your loss friend. I know it's hard. Wish I could be there to give you a hug. I miss you.