Friday, September 26, 2008

Happy Appliance Day.

Oh my, what a crazy past few days it has been. Today is the first day I've had off in several weeks (and when I say "off" I mean free of both work and school) and it has been nice to spend my time how I like. It started off with me rolling out of bed circa 9:30, planting myself on my couch with a bowl of raisin bran in hand(s)- it was a big bowl- and lounging until I just couldn't take it anymore. Then I promptly sat up, looked around and became unbelievable obsessed with cleaning the house. The dust seemed to be calling me by name in really scary, loud voices. So I put on some good music via Lyndsey's computer because mine sucks (bring on the mac) and got some serious cleaning done.

I also picked up my car from the dealership. I dropped it off on Wednesday because it seemed to be driving funny. They called me and told me nothing was wrong with it. Wow. Thanks for that.

And, if you know me at all, you will understand why maybe one of the most monumental moments of my math career happened yesterday afternoon. I got back my first pysch. stats test back and low and behold I found myself staring at a big fat A on the top. Yep. 'Big deal' some might say... but seriously, that is a BIG deal for my brain. Me and math don't really jive. So, needless to say, I was pretty happy with the turnout.

And tonight, we wait for our "weekend of appliances" to commence. We are inheriting a washer, a dryer and a new fridge all within (hopefully) the next 5 hours. I feel like we are celebrating a new holiday designated to honor the joy of modern convenience and invention.
So, celebrate with us if you'd like. Here's to the weekend and the beginning of a new season.

3 comments:

growingfreely said...

"circa 9:30"...quite clever.

hey- maybe we'll celebrate when joe/marcelino can control the ole' necessary room...sheesh...

david said...

the necessary room? that sounds fun...

growingfreely said...

yeah, about as much fun as when sewage flows into your tub...mmmmm...

hey- p.s. loved your party ideas. "what makes america great"...top notch, david.