Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Surrounded by Clutter...

Alright kids. I have returned to the great state. I'm back- in my chair, at my desk, in my room, and utterly surrounded by complete clutter. I rolled in yesterday, unloaded my car, dumped it into my room, and proceeded to move onto the important things in life that I've been missing these last few months. I bought some music (more Patty Griffin, more Joshua James, more Johnny Cash, and the new Coldplay album), I caught up with Lyndsey, we ran to the grocery store to pick up a few things, and then we came home, made some salads and plopped down on our couch and watched a good old-fashioned girl movie.

It's good to be home.

Today I woke up to my liking, ate a bowl of cereal (again, it's the little things that I've missed... like Special K with honey...) and started in on the unpacking and cleaning process. I'm taking a quick break now to catch up on this blogging thing. I'm not sure if anyone's reading it, but somehow typing out the process of this life and these days helps me to feel a little bit more organized.

A week from today I will be sitting in class- a strange thought for sure. I feel a bit underprepared and undoubtedly overwhelmed. Yesterday at this time I was leaving Plainview, TX, where I had spent the night with my mama and papa (if you are from the south, than these names are completely acceptable terms for your grandparents) whom I had not seen in quite some time. They were wonderful and generous as always and it was a bit sad to leave. For some reason I felt really old driving away from their house with them in the driveway waving to me in their pajamas. Nevertheless I put on my sunglasses, rolled down my windows, and cruised through west Texas. Quite the contrast to the mountains I had come from. But, still, somehow beautiful in the vastness of it all.

I hope everyone's summer's went well and involved rest and learning and growth and all of those good things. I'd love to hear stories. If you read this and want to leave me and story or two, I would eat it up (not literally, but you know what I mean...).

As for here, it's raining. And it doesn't seem to be stopping anytime soon. So, I think I'll crank some Patty and get back to this clutter.

2 comments:

Liz said...

So what exactly are you doing now and where? Classes are exciting. Email me some details if you get a chance. I'm glad you're blogging again--I missed your notes!

growingfreely said...

oh i am so glad you are back.

and here's to enjoying another one of the simple things in life: don juans. mmmhmm.

that's all.

:)