Sunday, June 15, 2008

Week number two...

Well, here I am, sitting in our office, listening to cheesy christian music that is coming from some unknown place, wondering why in the world I am not in bed.  

The last few days have been pretty insane.  It was our first week of family camp and all of it seemed to go by in a blur...  people in and out, climbing up hills and down, temperatures freezing and then hot as blazes... it seems things can never be the same for too long around here.  Today we had several more families come in for this next week of camp.  It's funny really.  We've got a bundle of kids that are part of these families- 16 total- and TEN of them are under the age of 5.  Suddenly it feels a whole heck of lot like I'm running a daycare.  The good news is they are cute (because there's nothing worse than ugly kids...ugh... (kidding)) and that they make me laugh.  I looked out upon our families tonight as I was explaining some of the logistical things they needed to know and all i could see were the seemingly 243 small children sitting cross-legged with big eyes and sticky hair waiting for my next word that they could understand.  I suddenly knew exactly how my old Sunday School teachers must have felt.  

Anyhow, things chug ahead and I think I'm beginning to get a grip on what my life is going to be like for the rest of the summer.  No complaints here... unless you were to ask me in the middle of the night when the temperature is in the teens and the screens that form my walls aren't cuttin' it... then you would probably hear complaints.  OR maybe if you asked me when I've just gotten into the shower and the water turns off on me and i'm left soapy and cold (and other things... but I will let you fill in the blanks there...)... OR if you asked me after a good afternoon of facilitating the ropes course, or maybe after my fifth game of Candy Land...

But beyond these minor details, things are great.  Or as my dear friend and administrative queen Aimey might say, things are peachy... (i'm thinking of changing this phrase to 'things are papaya-y'... i think it could stick)

3 comments:

marsha said...

Yea!!! A new entry~
You are a keeper!
Be a blessing and be blessed
Love your bones,
me
You are a Papaya!

lizeberspacher said...

I taught preK 3 music this year, which means that for thirty minutes, twice a week, I danced and sang and played ring-around-the-rosie with anywhere from 5 to 10 three year olds. I can't imagine having them every day, all day. They can say the darndest things, though. And yeah, let's be honest--it REALLY helps when they're cute. :)

david said...

they're cute all right, but they still produce dishes that need to be washed. and require babysitting during our 3 hours of down time in the week. hugs and kisses - you're in the next room. DL