Friday, May 30, 2008

The Great State...

Well, just to update, I have officially arrived in Colorado. It's been a busy couple of days and it feels good, albeit, different to look out and see snowcaps (and I don't mean the candy kind...). The weather is a bit chilly, and because we sleep in lean-tos (basically small cabins with only screens as walls) nights are always an interesting adventure.

Events worth noting:

On the drive in, I had to brake for about 129 mule deer, a herd of big-horned sheep, and one brown bear.

I already am falling into the 'no shower unless absolutely necessary' routine... it's so dry up here it's like you don't even sweat.

Lots of prepping and cleaning and planning for camp....

So, that's the skinny for now. I'll write more later when i have time.

Love to all...

No comments: