Wednesday, April 30, 2008

A quick thanks to Drew (even though he will never read this...)

So. Here I sit. I'm watching Season 4 of "the gilmore girls" and enjoying this feeling of, well, sitting. It's not like today was that strenuous, and I mean, come on, I'm coming off of a four-day weekend. But for whatever unexplained reason I still feel so lethargic, and so today, when my friend Drew presented me with a surprise, it seemed like the perfect remedy.

Now, I must set the background straight just a bit. You see, a while back Drew had borrowed a particular season of a particular show that is currently my particular favorite. We laughed over this show together often, quoting 'the office' antics quite frequently and undoubtedly impressing others with our uncanny ability to insert the phrase 'that's what she said' into almost any scenario (and let's be real honest... all of us are pretty good at that). Well, he borrowed the dvd set and when he brought them back a couple (ahem... a few) months later, i opened up the box to realize that one of the four discs was missing. Now, of course, I had to take this opportunity to torture my friend Drew.... to bring it up whenever possible... to talk about this missing disc like it was my missing left foot. And if I can do anything well, it's torturing people about their minor mistakes. Horrible really, but i'm quite good at it.

Well, today, I walked into the office and found a glorious thing on my desk. Sweet Drew knew exactly how to teach me a very good lesson. I felt so horrible/awesome when I saw not only a replacement set of the aforementioned borrowed dvd set, but, if you can believe it, a brand new, freshly wrapped Gilmore Girls Season 4 box set... I mean, does it get much better than that? (Alright... maybe if there had been mounds of chocolate and sephora gift cards... ) It was truly fabulous. Of course I immediately felt guilty for all of my picking and nagging, but my feelings slowly turned to sheer enthusiasm at the thought of vegging out and doing exactly what I am doing right now. I did, however, learn my lesson. Nagging is never the answer... (although this time, i did make out ok...but you know what I mean...)

Of course, my feelings of gratitude/guilt were quickly interrupted when my sweet friend Drew turned towards me and shot me with an air-soft gun. It hurt. Like the blazes of hell. I think he made me bleed. And then he told me that I couldn't complain because he had just bought me nice things...

Ugh. All I have to say is he's lucky I'm lazy and can be won over by prepackaged hours of tv...

2 comments:

Mike said...

so Drew borrowed Gilmore Girls eh? did he give you his man card to hold for him while he cried and ate cookie dough?

Courtney Hope said...

ha. actually he just borrowed the office... and then felt bad because he lost the disc that he tried to buy my forgiveness with an extra gift- i.e. gilmore girls.