Friday, March 28, 2008

Sweet Dreams

I think it's official. I'm pretty much on my way to calling BINGO at the local nursing home a fantastic Friday night. It seems that every weekend, come rain or shine, all I can think about is the percentage of day that is left until I can lie my head down on my turquoise pillow and wake up to the hour of my choosing. I can barely make it past 11 p.m. without yawning a good 15 times. What happened to those days where 3 a.m. seemed like a cake walk? What happened to those spontaneous 'stay up all night just because we can' kind of shin-digs back in college? What happened to getting in when the sun was coming up? (which is apparently about the exact opposite of my current routine which involves hitting the sack about as soon as the sun sets...) When did this happen? When did I officially become that one girl who chooses sleep over socializing?

Sure, it may have something to do with my job. Or maybe it has something to do with me having to get up a bit earlier these days to make the big commute. But really, when you get right down to it, I think my body is just a little bit, oh, I don't know...OLDER!! All I know is that at the rate I'm going, by the time I'm 65 I'm going to need about 18 hours sleep to have it qualify for 'a good nights rest'.

1 comment:

david said...

yeah I know, right? you like totally always like skip out on the fun stuff by leaving us at like 8:30 every night. you like totally hate us! love ya, bye!